This post is a little late, but better late than never! These weekly posts are getting a bit repetitive, but it’s difficult to mix them up when my weeks are very ‘routine’ and ‘repetitive’ when they revolve around the same things each week. Luckily, a few fun extras have been thrown into the week, so it might be a little more interesting for those of you reading.
1. LONDON: This was a major event of the week. I decided it was time to get on a train to London and visit Annabel. I hadn’t been on a train since ‘Regina’ so it was a major event. I managed to do it and it did feel strange to be back on a train, back in London. I think it will take me a while to feel at ease again in London – the sight of the red buses, the sirens and just crossing roads still bring back a lot of scary memories but it was still a lovely trip to London. I finally got to see Annabel’s house which I have been wanting to visit since March. Although the trip then triggered a migraine, it is something I’m so pleased I have now done and I will now just have to do it more regularly so my body understands it doesn’t need to give me a migraine just for a little trip to London!
2. REFORMER: Some of my pilates session this week was done on the reformer. This was something that I hadn’t used before. It was really good and I surprised myself with how much I was able to do and how stable I felt. I’m looking forward to it being a regular part of my pilates programme as it felt like it was really testing my core strength.
3. UNDER AGE:This week I have managed to achieve getting ID’d, trying to buy the 50 Shades DVD. Some may not see this as an achievement, but I’ve decided to look at as one! I never got to see the film as it was out when I was in hospital so I am pleased I have now seen it, even if the Tesco lady thought the under 18 year old self shouldn’t be watching it!
4. VISITORS: This weekend has been fun as I had a couple of my uni friends to stay. The last time they both saw me, I was lying flat on my back in hospital and it wasn’t even known what the outcome of my injuries would be. It was so nice so see them and for them to see me back in a more normal state. I still have to be careful not to do too much so it was a weekend of lots of chatting, BBQ’s and pimms!
5. SWIMMING: Of course swimming has to feature in my weekly achievements and this week it is a big one. Today I swam 50 lengths! I haven’t had any more swimming races but I am continuing to enjoy my daily swims.
My aim of the week:
To do a night drive.
I’ve got a busy week ahead, so I am hoping that I can get through the week without any migraines and can enjoy all the socialising that is taking place as well as all my appointments.
I’m going to leave you with my favourite quote I found this week:
Lots of love from